“There is not a native app on Steam deck today,” said Andrew Fear, GFN boss, back in January. “Use a Chromium browser to make it work. I would say that both Nvidia and Valve, I think we’re both interested in making [GeForce Now on Steam Deck] better. But we don’t have any announcements on a native app coming to Steam.”

• mino
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

deleted by creator

• Jo Miran@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I definitely do. At this point the only reason I keep a Windows machine is so that I can run GeForce Now. With it I can run CP2077 at max settings, full ray tracing, 1440p and 120fps (the max for my monitor). My old hardware can’t handle new games and I don’t like to abuse my lovely Steam Deck by asking it to run games like that. You don’t have to like GeForce Now, but it’s not accurate to say that nobody wants it.

EDIT: To clarify, I want the client for my Linux PC, NOT my Steam Deck. My Steam Deck is perfect as it is, thank you very much.

• Björn Tantau@swg-empire.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

So using a browser is not an option? Last time I tried Microsoft’s streaming service with Fortnite on my Deck it worked very well. It was just missing mouse and keyboard support to be viable for desktop.

• Jo Miran@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

On a browser, the max resolution is 1080p and max framerate is 60fps. It is also significantly less smooth and a bit laggy when compared to the native client. The difference is huge.

• Scrubbles@poptalk.scrubbles.tech
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Yeah I’m very much in favor of not having all the shitty bloatware that comes with modern windows gaming. You need the latest audio driver? How about we bundle our shitty game launcher with it?!