Scary edition of the weekly thread 👻

What have you been playing!

I’ve been playing the re4 dlc! And, on the other end of the spectrum, the original yoshis island, as I had never finished it before.

• Turmbaumeister
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Yes and yes. BB is a flawed masterpiece, some great things ruined by some of the worst fromsoftwareisms, a bit dated at this point too.

LoP has a better and more varied combat, 60fps, better bosses, better weapon system, many QoL improvements, better story(in part because it’s actually told :D), way better graphics, no grind, no long runbacks(the longest has like 3 enemies you need to fight, BB was made at a time FS still thought runbacks somehow add to the experience or maybe it was a cynical attempt at padding the game length).

In LoP, once you “git gut” it’s just so satisfying to get a few perfect blocks on a boss combo and break his weapon, never gets old.

In my utterly subjective opinion BB is 7.5/10, LoP 10/10 in 2023.

• bijuice@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Damn, Bloodborne is my favorite game of all time so if Lies of P is anywhere as good as that I have to put it on my radar.

• StillNotAHero@artemis.camp
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Lies of P is absolutely fantastic. If you’re a fan of Bloodborne you are doing yourself a disservice if you don’t try Lies of P.