Looking to replace the male connector in this picture. Any idea what it is called and where I can get it? I’m in Germany.

• ottk3
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

That’s a 5 Pin JST-XH Male connector.

• afunkysongaday@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thanks for your help! Looks almost identical, but not exactly! The little plastic tabs on the edge are a bit further apart on the connector you send me. Or at least that’s what it looks like on pictures I find:

Here the little plastic tabs are roughly above pin 1 and 5, on my connector it’s more above pin 2 and 4… Hope you can understand what I mean. Any idea?

• afunkysongaday@beehaw.orgOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

That seems to be it! Or “JST-PH”? Not sure what the difference is between PH and PHR-5. 2mm pitch seems to be it at least, and plastic tabs seem to be at the right place:

(Backside of PCB from pictures before)

Just order some of the generic ones I find for " JST-PH" on aliexpress and pray? You are a great help, thank you!

• bmiww
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Found these over at Amazon: https://amzn.eu/d/6HDzJIR

Can’t say for sure if it’s a full match, but as far as generic goes - maybe this is faster than waiting for AliExpress at least.

• ottk3
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

As far as I know are the “PHR” series connectors a variant of the “PH” connectors. They also have a 2.0 mm pitch, but they differ slightly in their housing design. The primary difference in the “PHR” connectors is the presence of a latching feature on the housing. This latch helps to secure the connector halves together, providing additional stability and preventing accidental disconnections.

Check out this page: Common JST Connector Types – Matt’s Tech Pages

farnell.com | PHR-5 Technisches Datenblatt