https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl0z5Z8bvro

In this video Seth talks about quantum orges, or what I call Schrodinger plot point. He had a mostly positive view. So do I, in fact I wa blinded sided that some people see this thing in a bad way.

What is everyone’s view on this?

• copacetic
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I consider it “short-term positive but long-term negative”. Using it occasionally is nice just like having a drink. If you do it every day however, it will bite you eventually.

Like any fiction, roleplay requires some suspension of disbelief from the players. If they become aware of the quantum ogres it breaks that and ruins the fun.

It hate it when computer games advertised something like “8 different endings!” Eight endings means there are only three meaningful yes-no decisions to make. All the other thousands of tiny decisions I make in the game will have no impact on the story. They only determine if I make progress or get stuck or maybe the order of scenes. The beauty of (sandbox) ttrpgs is that every small decision can actually matter.

• joel_feila@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

it never ruins the fun for me. I remember one campaign I was in and we were talking about the last session and the GM said he didn’t plan on us taking a boat. SO he had to quickly move a land encounter to the sea. So yeah he casually mentioned the use of QO and no one in the group cared. It’s D&D all roads lead to combat.