The ex-campaign treasurer for U.S. Rep. George Santos will plead guilty on Thursday to an unspecified felony in connection with the sprawling federal investigation of financial irregularities surrounding the indicted New York Republican, prosecutors said.

Nancy Marks, a veteran Long Island political operative, served as the campaign treasurer and close aide to Santos during his two congressional bids. Marks resigned amid growing questions about Santos’ campaign finances and revelations Santos had fabricated much of his life story.

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Don’t forget the lifetime monthly check for him, then his spouse, plus totally free top tier medical for the rest of their lives, also.

• teft@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Members are only eligible for a pension after spending 20 years of service in the house and have to be at least 50. Where would he get a lifetime check from? Neither do they get healthcare for life. I hate the scumbag as much as the next guy but let’s not make stuff up.

• vinylshrapnel@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

If I’m reading it correctly, It’s five years to be vested plus 15 years of other federal service which could be served in Congress or any other federal job to include military.

• teft@startrek.website
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

They have the same pension plans as every other federal employee. But again, where would he be getting a check from? He has 10 months in office and no other federal service as far as I’m aware.