Trump has claimed his Florida resort is worth as much as $1.5 billion, but the Palm Beach County property appraiser valued it far lower.

A Democratic House member is asking Palm Beach County, Florida, to tax Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago property at the rate the former president claims it is worth amid his ongoing civil fraud trial in New York.

In a letter first provided to NBC News, Rep. Jared Moskowitz, D-Fla., issued the request to Dorothy Jacks, Palm Beach County’s property appraiser.

Moskowitz noted New York Judge Arthur Engoron’s ruling last week saying that Trump repeatedly committed acts of fraud for years. Engoron ruled that Trump lied to banks and insurers by overvaluing and undervaluing his assets while exaggerating his net worth to billions of dollars.

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

A bit suspect? A bit? You’re dense enough for tank armor.

• GeneralVincent@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

This is why centrists lean right -_- stop attacking someone you essentially agree with, it’s pointless.

• imPastaSyndrome@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Because of people on the Internet being mean instead of, yknow, policies?

They’re as much a big group of utterly disgusting morally deficited morons as I thought!

Nevermind “conservatives” are so much more blatantly horrible online.

Jeez, think before you type

• GeneralVincent@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

I did think before I typed. I’m not a centrist, and I’m not conservative. I’m pointing out a long running issue with people on the left attacking others on the left.

Also why put conservatives in quotes? Conservatives ARE more blatantly horrible online, but not to other conservatives. They are welcoming to centrists, unlike Leftists.

You’re actually continuing to prove my point. Insulting everyone that doesn’t 100% agree with you is bad. Maybe having good policies AND not being a dick is a good idea