• Swedneck
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I don’t remember who said it, but in some youtube video they said something along the lines that fallout 76 could have been the ultimate bethesda game if it was actually finished on release and didn’t have that stupid “no human NPCs” gimmick, as it REALLY embraced that environmental design that they’re actually good at.

They can clearly make fun games, look at skyrim and fallout 4 which tons of people love to just run around doing quests and fighting stuff in, but then they always bollocks it up by forcing in a story that barely makes sense upon closer scrutiny and they never capitalize of the potential of really truly interacting with the world.

I think bethesda could actually make the best VR game so far, the format plays perfectly into what they’re good at since as valve realized people just want to rummage around drawers for hours on end and explore the environments.
    Hell even as is skyrim VR seems pretty sweet, imagine if they actually designed the game for VR from scratch!

• Cethin@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Fallout 4 VR was a cool experience. I don’t know about a good game though. It doesn’t help they didn’t even seem to test if it worked. For example, red dot sights don’t really work by default (though there’s a mod to fix it). By default it’s just a texture on the center of the sight, which isn’t how that works. The mod just makes the dot display (near) infinity forward. That’s just one minor issue that’s obvious. I don’t think any of the DLC works with it and most mods don’t either, so it’s pretty limited.

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Well a lot of people had very fun with fallout 4, which is my definition of a good game.

It’s not a great game, nor a competent one aside from the environments and functional gunplay, and it’s a fucking terrible fallout game, but it is pretty fun if you just run around shooting things and looking at the environments and laughing at the environmental storytelling.

• Cethin@lemmy.zip
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

I mean Fallout 4 VR I don’t know if I’d say is good. It’s got a lot of comicatioms that the regular game doesn’t have.