The Moral Case for No Longer Engaging With Elon Musk’s X::The former Twitter is incentivizing violent content, which will only become worse to stand out to users.

• Tartas1995
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Well there is a difference between disliking something and believing it is actively harmful. If you believe it is actively harmful for humans and society, it makes sense that you want to appeal to the society as a whole. Then you need to reason for why you feel the way you do. And there we go.

• orrk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Facebook causes genocides in every 3ed world nation they push into.

social media is, as it is now, designed to push the worst. most racist, most murderous rhetoric because it garners more engagement.

• Tartas1995
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I am not saying you are wrong, nor right, but I am wondering why you tell me/us that now, here.

• orrk@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

because what makes Elon harmful for humanity is basically the same thing that makes Facebook harmful, massive uncontrolled influence on society

• Tartas1995
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Well it depends on what you see as an acceptable cost of the benefits of social Media. You could easily find differences between platform, in their function and in their moderation. These differences might be valid reasons to give it a different evaluation.

But in case, you want to argue about whether or not Twitter is moral; and/or whether or not Facebook is as bad as Twitter, I am not interested in the discussion and my points weren’t made in support of the position that Twitter is harmful but only in “defense” of people voicing their moral evaluation of social Media.