Hi all! I recently purchased some push-lights for my kitchen from my hardware store, and I stupidly didn’t read the package that said that they shut off after 30 mins. This is super inconvenient in my dark kitchen, and I can’t return them. I figured I might as well tinker with them, and any help would be greatly appreciated. The first picture is the small, round push-light (it was in a 3 pack, so I’ve got room for error with these), and the second picture was the even bigger disappointment because it’s a larger strip light.

I found them online for reference here and here. It doesn’t say they shut off in the description of these, but it says it in the user manual under “product guides and documents” for the rectangle light.

TL;DR: Help me bypass the “power saving” mode that shuts these off after 30 mins please!

• teri
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

For the first one: Would be good to know what U1 is exactly. Can you read any number/code on it?

If you are lucky it is simply a ‘switch’ which switches on once you press the button and switches of after 30min. In this case you could add a wire which constantly switches the lights on. Then add a normal mechanical switch to the power supply cables.

If you are unlucky, U1 also regulates the current through the LEDs. Then cannot be easily replaced. Is there anything on the other side?

• allmycircuitsOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

First image: U1 says HZ300 0053, and Q1 says 3400A. The second image has two U1 components: the smaller says RCAKL9 00765, the larger is 6228A 2121/33, and the Q1 is 3400X. There’s nothing on the back of the board.