That’s half the main games price… Just don’t buy it

edit

ok ill add some other info i dont want this to sound like a mindless bashing

BUGS as of patch 2.01

• in a quest you need to alternate between your face and another character. everytime after the switch the Start menu would be unavailable, only fix is to save and reload the game(you change clothes like 4 times in that quest and it gets bugged every time)

• character getting ejected into the air while leaving a vehicle for no reason

• character getting stuck into vehicles if you approach them too fast and the world freezing in solidarity

• quest markers not getting updated

• quests taking over your your tracked quest for no reason

• characters sending you texts while you are talking to them

• Renacles
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Are the missions long at least or is it something like 6 hours total?

• Maxe@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Check out howlongtobeat. It takes about 20 hours to complete main + side content. OP is just a really salty poster - take a look at his comment history.

• lemillionsocks@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

Lol a new monthly issue of a comic can cost about $4-$6, breakfast at a cheap diner can get $10-$20, a 2 hour movie can be $20+, and of course there are $60 video games selling that are less than 20 hours long. Its really funny how undervalued videogame entertainment is.

• Scrubbles@poptalk.scrubbles.tech
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

I like “cost per hour” which is what you’re getting at.

• Movie at the theater: $16 total.
            • $8/hr
          • drinks with friends, at 1 drink an hour for 4 hours
            • $7/hr
          • Dinner out, decent restaurant 40/person
            • 20/hr
          • Cyberpunk dlc, $30, 20 hrs to beat
            • $1.50/hr

Yeah I’d say that’s a pretty good entertainment value per hour compared to other leisurely activities for me. I apply this to most entertainment things and it does help. I find comparing things to going to the movies is the best, if it’s more per hour than a movie in a theater than no it’s probably not worth it. Those stupid $50 slingshot rides? Nah.

• sederx@programming.devOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

50% fetch quests. If you use the teleport points you can finish this in half a day

Skipping the dialogues of course,which are dogshit acting anyway.

• Exec@pawb.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Skipping the dialogues of course

Why are you skipping the dialogue in an RPG?

• kux@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

tbf the fast-forwarding way you can skip dialogue and just read the subtitles without missing anything is one of the best things introduced in this game

• sharpiemarker@feddit.de
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

How do you define a role playing game?

You’re playing as a person in an alternate reality.

You have character stats and builds.

Someone else is in control of the overarching narrative (you can’t just decide to become a plumber for example).

• Don_alForno@feddit.de
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

Stat blocks don’t make an RPG.

Part of the definition is that you in fact play a role. This means making decisions from their perspective as if you were them and their world was your reality. Any game that doesn’t allow you to make informed, meaningful decisions isn’t actually a role playing game.

Naturally, video games can’t really give you total freedom in that regard, as any option you can pick needs to be anticipated and coded by the developer. But there are candidates that fit the requirement somewhat more and those that definitely don’t.

Cyberpunk, while being a fun experience, doesn’t really give you a lot of meaningful choices, at least not in the bigger quests, especially not the main plot. Most often different dialogue choices only lead to slightly different answers and the same outcome. You can’t decide to rat Panam out to Militech when stealing the tank for example. You’re not really playing the role of V, you’re watching their story play out and maybe deciding what to do first and last.

CDPR have their own inhouse example of a better RPG to compare against.

• Exec@pawb.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Okay, so you basically reduce the game’s content because you nullify major sections due you not liking it then claim it doesn’t exist? In the end all RPGs are based on the variations “talk to someone” with action being the second thing. I wish you don’t ever start playing Final Fantasy 14 which has like 60% of the content are cutscenes and dialogue.

• Max_Power@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

50% fetch quests

I have just played it through. What you are saying is 100% incorrect.

• aksdb@feddit.de
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

So … like real-life? You can abstract everything to the point that it looks trivial.

• sederx@programming.devOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              9 months ago

are you for real? XD the sidequests are boring, that is not ok since its the main content of a 30 bucks game

• aksdb@feddit.de
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                9 months ago

That’s subjective. I play through the game the third time currently and still enjoy it.

• aksdb@feddit.de
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    9 months ago

I criticized your chosen abstraction. “go there talk to somebody and come back” is basically the definition of most interactions. That describes “going shopping”, “going to work”, “going to a customer” and in extension describes almost every quest in every game. That discriminates nothing of value.

• Stillhart@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Are you fucking kidding? You should put this in your OP so everyone knows to completely disregard your post. You skip all the dialogue in an RPG and then complain that it’s too short and the missions are just fetch quests?

This has to be a troll post…

• ashamam@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

A very successful troll post as well. Would have thought people were smarter than that these days, especially in the fediverse.