• Karyoplasma
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

I’m not arguing for Israel being the good guy, just for genocide to be melodramatic.

It’s not melodrama, it fits the UN definition of a genocide, but if you think “ethnic cleansing” is more appropriate, I’m willing to compromise.

They treat them like enemies, which with a support of 60%+ for hamas which declared goal is to drive all Jews (not only the rightwing asshats) into the sea.

Palestinians support Hamas not because of their ideals, but because they are the only one’s that pretend to fight for them. Israel’s kill count is orders of magnitude higher than Hamas’. How many Palestinians would vote for Hamas if there were fair, anonymous elections in Palestine is impossible to tell. You are extrapolating Hamas’ extremism to the general population and basing it on surveys from a prison camp.

Since even before Israel existed there have been multiple attempts to bring all sides together. There were offers where Palestine would’ve been its own nation with the capital being in eastern Jerusalem. They refused every single time.

True, because their Holy Scripture tells them it’s their land which is ironically the same reasoning Israel uses to stake a claim on the region.

The clear intent of hamas is the extermination of every single Jew in the region without exception.

Yes, and the clear intent of Israel is to exterminate every single Palestinian. That’s why they are huddled up in Gaza and the West Bank, guarded by the IDF. They are not allowed to enter Israel and Egypt refuses to let them enter their territory as well.

And I only see one group thinking the Holocaust didn’t go far enough.

The only group I see thinking the Holocaust didn’t go far enough is the West by continuing to give military support to Israel so they can continue with theirs.

Hamas and many Palestinians celebrate the deaths of Jewish civilians.

But I only see one group celebrating when civilians get killed

I’m gonna address this last because those are loaded points, but they seem very important for your opinion on the conflict.

Palestinians live in a world, devoid of any hope or future. They have no way of sustaining themselves, they have no way to escape, they have no way to fulfill what they think is their destiny (living under their God in Palestine). Israel on the other hand got their destiny with wide support from predominantly the US and the UK, but also the Western world as a whole.

I understand and empathize with the desperation of the Palestinian civilians and cheering on the deaths of your obvious enemy is not something exclusive to them, I’ve seen that happening many times, even from more privileged positions. What I mean by this is that US citizens cheer for their military successes, so do their opponent. People even do that by proxy in conflicts they have no personal interest in. At this point, I would just call it a human trait when being confronted with a shit situation, the deep end of the human soul so to speak.

• Rendh@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

The extermination of Palestinians clearly isn’t their goal. Allowing the population of Palestinians to grow from 1 million to 5 million would otherwise look pretty foolish.

But why is Egypt refusing to let them in? Maybe because they don’t want to deal with Hamas either?

A population growing to 5 times the size it was before clearly does not fit the definition of genocide. Am I agreeing with how Palestinians are treated? No. But calling it a genocide when the population has been growing and growing is ridiculous.

The comment about the west I’ll ignore because it makes you look like a tanky.

• Karyoplasma
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

But why is Egypt refusing to let them in? Maybe because they don’t want to deal with Hamas either?

Because if they try, Israel is shelling the Rafah border

No. But calling it a genocide when the population has been growing and growing is ridiculous.

Yeah, not enough sand people died, great point.

The comment about the west I’ll ignore because it makes you look like a tanky.

Tankie with ie.

Tut mir leid, dass ich deine Zeit verschwendet hab, Brudi. Wir kommen hier nicht auf einen Nenner. Hab noch nen Paragraphen zu meiner Antwort vorher hinzugefügt, wenn du es lesen magst.