• HMN
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I’ve never heard of a water flosser. After searching, they seem expensive for squirting a bit of water in your mouth.

• SpookySnek@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

There are cheap ones on Amazon that work exactly the same as the original brand. I bought mine for 8€ in Lidl, it has served me for years without fail

• HMN
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Awesome, how often do they pop up at Lidl? I haven’t seen them, granted I didn’t know they existed so haven’t been looking!

• SpookySnek@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

They seem to have them in stock for a week about every other month or so, I usually skim through their newspaper to see if I find anything interesting

• UlyssesT [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

There’s cheap models and they do a much quicker and easier and cleaner job of cleaning between teeth than regular floss.

• PraiseTheSoup@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

They are expensive and I don’t have one for that exact reason, however it’s not just “squirting a bit of water into your mouth”, it’s high pressure water that, as the name suggests, is a complete replacement for traditional flossing.

• brygphilomena@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I love mine and it’s absolutely disgusted me when I first used it and found so much stuck between my teeth.

But they are not a replacement for floss. They don’t scrape the sides of your teeth the same way. They are a part of my routine, but floss is still required to actually clean the teeth.