I’m running KDE Wayland session on a Surface Pro 6 and the UI is much too small.

I changed the UI scale in System Settings which works for all my apps except for the system text (panels, menus, Dolphin). The text in my system UI is super blurry.

I’ve done a bit of research and it looks like Wayland may not support fractional scaling properly, but I’m finding conflicting info on this.

At this time, is it possible to run a Wayland session in KDE with 150-200% UI scaling?

• 2xsaiko
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’m running a 4k monitor at 150% scaling along a 1080p monitor at 100% scaling. Works fine for me.

What is currently still happening though afaik is that the screen buffer is rendered at a higher resolution at 200% scaling and then downscaled to 150%. Hopefully there will be fractional scaling on a protocol level in the future. But it should be barely noticeable unless you have a direct comparison, since downscaling generally retains quality well.

• PerogiBoi@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

How are you downscaling after upscaling? There is just the option to up the scaling (which makes everything blurry).

Edit: never mind, got it working. It’s not sufficient to restart KDE or log out. A full restart is required.