What ways do you know to attract users?

Perhaps there are those here who have been with Lemmy since its inception. It’s interesting to hear your experience in promoting your community or instance.

• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

I don’t know what to reply. I live far away but still on the same world. Shady politicians here follow what kind of stuff works in the US and copy the arguments from people like Ron DeSantis. I’ve even seen his face on the news when he visited Bavaria a few months ago. Imho German politicians should know better than take a picture with someone who has proper neo-nazi followers.

The USA is way ahead in being backwards. It makes me sad, too, and my solidarity to you.

I can’t imagine how it feels to have that many biggots and idiots around. And I suppose it depends on where exactly you live. But I think we’re headed the wrong direction. I have nice neighbors, though. I don’t think the situation here would look desperate to me if I wasn’t reading the news. So I’m still optimistic. But I have no solution for the short or medium term in the USA. There seem to be nice people around and also sometimes good things happen. Hope it turns out okay in the end, even if it looks desperate now.

• tygerprints@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Most of our US politicians are also shady and very crooked. Very much in it for the money they can get from special interest groups. Ron Desantis is an example - he doesn’t care about anyone, and he constantly tries to pass laws to hurt LGBTQ people just because it pleases his followers. He’s really a scumbag.

America had the potential to be a great country, certainly it had the right idea - but as usual, people are crooked and untrustworthy and have ruined it completely.

I read the news also, and it’s a sure way to get totally depressed about the world and what is going on. I think man’s natural inclinication is to make unhappiness for each other. There are some good people, but they are very far between. Hope it all goes well for you there in spite of all this.