And note taking in general I guess.

I have recently started playing around with logseq. It seems interesting, and hopefully it will help me out with some tasks at work and in private. However I have some issues I need feedback on.

1. How should I turn my notes into a readable report. Currently I’m working on making a list of stuff that’s not working in our department at work. So I now have a good list of stuff in #WorkImprovements. But I feel like rearranging some points and edit things a bit. Can this be done easily in logseq? Or is it better to import my notes and write the report in a different program.

2. A lot of my stuff is currently just rambling thoughts in the daily journal. I just wanted to start writing stuff down to play around with the app. But it seems like it can get a bit overwhelming if I continue with this. How do you deal with old notes from finished tasks. Or just rambling ideas that you have moved on from.

Seems like a great program overall. But I clearly need to improve my note taking habits to make full use of it.

#Edit. The post didn’t seem to show up in the thread. Trying a edit instead of reposting to see if that helps.

• Rockslide0482
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’m a logseq user of about 6 months and overall really like it. It’s mostly built around the daily journal, which mostly works if you lean into it. I basically write what I did, todo’s or random thoughts for the day in there. I typically segregate my root bullet points into a handful of main “buckets” like a job, client or project. I used to do those with a hashtag like #job1 but moved to page tags like [[job1]] with sub bullets for main tasks, todos, notes, etc from each. i have many relevant hashtags for relevant subsystems/topics relating to the main ones.

from there I have setup some basic pages for things like [[job1]] with a query to show TODOs with that task (see below), then some relevant reference notes, and sometimes some links to bullets from previous journals if i find i will likely reference them frequently. you also can see below the linked references, which is frequently useful. i also frequently put tags to other tags, pages, etc. within to help map everything together

here’s an example of a very basic query I would keep at the top of the [[job1]] page {{query (and [[job1]] (task NOW LATER DOING IN-PROGRESS TODO WAIT WAITING))[[job1]]}}

to your above, you have #workimprovements, you can either just jot those at the root as they come to you and include the full hashtag, or you could have a starting section of either [[workimprovements]] with various ideas below, but i would also suggest adding in other relevant hashtags for subtypes, areas, etc. another tip about hashtags, don’t go crazy with them – too many hashtags just makes a mess – but don’t skimp on them either. If you think you’ll use it frequently enough, or at least want to go back and reference it easily in the future, make a hashtag. you can use the hashtag plugin after the fact to find unused and remove hashtags you didn’t end up using.

one thing I really wish they would add is similar to hashtags, but for people. Right now, I “tag” people with an @ in front of their name, so I might have @BobS requested X which sort of helps to go back and search for things related to @BobS, but it’s not natively done for fully fleshed out. It would be awesome if there was either native or a plugin functionality to more gracefully tie it together

anyway, there’s my logseq ramble, hopefully it helps.