• Kedly@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

I dont have any specific articles to link, but over the last few years I’ve seen a articles here and there about research that’s showing promise in not necessarily extending our lives, but making more of the last few years of them more enjoyable and useful. So thats what influenced the anti aging tech part of my comment, the technology explosion part? The tech I am using right now (My cellphone) is functionally magic to even my 10 year old self. I have adopted family on the opposite end of the planet, that doesnt speak the same language as me, and yet I can effectively communicate with them within seconds using a device connected to nothing

• Kedly@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          8 months ago

They adopted me. I did a volunteer program in a developing country and lived with this family for 3 months. When I had a falling out with my bio family, this family let me know that they consider me their son/brother/family. Also I’m 30

Edit: Lol how fragile do you have to be for this clarification to be enough to upset you?

• Guntrigger@feddit.ch
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

We truly would be in a Star Trek style utopia if the ruling class weren’t stacked with insatiable greed.

• Kedly@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

My hope is we’ll get there eventually, evolution bred some traits into us that arent fully compatible with future utopias, but we’ll fix that over time

• tryptaminev 🇵🇸 🇺🇦 🇪🇺@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

and our ape brains havent developed considerably in the past few thousand years.

i’m highly sceptical of any anti ageing technology simply for the fact, that most old people become insane and most middle aged people lack the mental flexibility to deal with the current fast paced world.

Whats getting 500 years old worth for, if you just move from sausage to vegetable to pile of nuclear waste emitting random signals for 400 of these 500 years?

• Kedly@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

Not everyone goes senile in old age, but yeah, a significant amount of people do. But our tech is slowly helping with that as well