A Detroit synagogue president was found fatally stabbed outside her home Saturday morning.

Samantha Woll, 40, led the congregation of Isaac Agree Downtown Synagogue. The synagogue confirmed Woll’s death Saturday in a statement writing, “We are shocked and saddened to learn of the unexpected death of Samantha Woll, our Board President.”

“May her memory be a blessing,” the statement continued.

Authorities said a 911 call was made to Woll’s home early Saturday, reporting an individual lying on the ground unresponsive. Police discovered multiple stab wounds on Woll’s body and found a trail of blood leading to her house, where they believe the crime occurred.

An investigation is underway. At this time, the motive for the crime remains unknown.

• marty_relaxes
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

I realize this isn’t your point but I feel the need to point out that skinheads are not nazis - it is unfortunately a very well working project of cultural appropriation by the racists.

In the scene racist skinheads are mostly referred to as boneheads, a term which I think makes much more sense.

• Cyberflunk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

This pile of shit isn’t the same as this other pile of shit.

Got it.

Know. Your. Shit.

• ArcaneSlime@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Well one “pile of shit” is racist, the other “pile of shit” is poor and works in manufacturing where they don’t want their hair ripped into a machine, and also likes punk music. Imo, to call the second ones piles of shit for simply being poor workers with haircuts that reflect work safety and like semi-heavy music (what skinheads actually came from that you’re sarcastically pretending to understand) makes you a classist (remember, know your shit, you aren’t racist but seems you’re classist) pile of shit. Also groups like SHARP exist.

Know your shit indeed, especially before being so confidently incorrect.

• TopRamenBinLaden@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

You’re naive if you have never seen a non racist skinhead. Most of the skinheads at punk and metal shows in my area are SHARPS(Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice) and are also black or hispanic. They drove out the local racist skinheads from punk and metal shows by ruthlessly attacking anyone who showed up wearing Nazi bullshit. They are fine people, the kind of people you want as a neighbor.

Not only that, but the first skinheads were just working class Ska music fans of all races. The shaved head image was stolen from them by racist skinheads in the 80s.