• Swedneck
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

get regular exercise and be both. Literally like 40% of my motivation for staying active is that it lets me eat more.

• adrian783@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

you cannot exercise your way out of a bad diet is the general advise. a snickers bar is 73 calories and to burn 100 calories you have to run a 10 minute mile.

you simply can accumulate calories at a way faster rate than you can reasonably exercise.

• ledtasso@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

That’s a good point but it’s also important to note that a Snickers bar has much less nutritional value than the cheeseburger shown in the original image. So if you’re training for a marathon or something, you can totally get away with a cheeseburger every night, but not the equivalent amount of snickers (you will feel like absolute shite)

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

i think that’s technically true but reductive, you will continue to burn calories at a higher rate for quite a while after any reasonably strenous exercise and as you get stronger it becomes easier to burn more calories, thus letting you increase your daily calorie budget.

I’m not saying that five minutes of cardio will suddenly let you eat 5 cakes, but have you seen the diets that weightlifters keep? with a lot of muscle and frequent heavy exercise you can burn such an amount of calories every day that eating 3 pizzas is a good starter course.

Also we aren’t talking about a bad diet, just eating a bit too much. Of course exercise isn’t going to fix you eating snickers instead of vegetables but it will absolutely fix eating one too many burgers.

• Kühe sind toll@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

That’s it. If you’re bulking eating 3k calories a day is normal. The more muscle you get, the more you have to eat to maintain your form(or eat less to effectively burn body fat). Of course, you want to eat healthy, meaning that eating 3 burgers a day is probably not the best thing, since it has a lot of fat in it.

• Swedneck
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

fat isn’t unhealthy, it’s just calorie dense. The only issue i see with eating 3 burgers per day is that you should be eating a varied diet to make sure you don’t get too little or too much of any one nutrient or potential toxin. Plus burgers have too much meat compared to the amount of greens…

and honestly 3 burgers per day is a completely normal amount of food, too little if anything. Even with fries that’s about as much as most people would eat in a day.

but really “eating healthy” is basically just a matter of not eating a significant amount of sugar and getting as much greens as possible, making sure 90% of what you consume is home-made (even if that includes quite a lot of pastries) is pretty fool-proof. Just make your own burgers and add some more lettuce.