I keep hearing on Mastodon and elsewhere how the Lemmy devs like to close github issues prematurely, are condescending to people when responding to the issues, host CCP, North Korean, and Russian propaganda on their instances and delete any criticism of those regimes ETC. Even if you don’t care about the propaganda stuff, the rest does not bode well for accessibility fixes or continued cooperation and communication between RBlind mods and lemmy staff in the future. It’s concerning, to say the least.

• SomeLemmyUser
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Have to come back to this post later, Was a few days on lemmygrad and looked around,sadly quite disappointing. I have absolutely nothing against communists, but this is just a egotrip circlejerk of privileged violence hungry people in a lot of places. People thinkt their worldview and communism is they only and absolute truth, totally denying the diversity in the Marxist scene, loosing the ability to think (self-) critical in the process.

From what I saw quite a circlejerk with strawman arguements and few acutall produktive discussions :/

Maybe I looked in the wrong placed or got people off on the wrong foot, but that was not a place I would spent time in or put work

That doesn’t little the devs technical work and the nice thing Lemmy is, but moderating is maybe not their best quality.