Another great article from 404 Media highlighting the power that the tech giants have amassed over how how we use the internet.

This brings me, I think, to the elephant in the room, which is the fact that Google has its hands on quite literally every aspect of this entire saga as a vertically integrated adtech giant.

This extreme power over the adtech and online advertising ecosystem is one of the subjects of an FTC antitrust suit against Google.

• @malchior@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    207 months ago

Same. It is no longer worth it, I’ll be sad to lose my music streaming, but there are other pathways that some may consider unethical.

• Final Remix
        link
        fedilink
        English
        47 months ago

That’s getting harder though, at least in my experience. Circa 2010, it was music and shit everywhere. Now it’s slimmer pickin’s, it seems.

• @CrowAirbrush@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          27 months ago

I’ve tried torrents but those seemed to all be dead ends, i found another website that uses some backdoor from a streaming service and the file info is actually correct but you get songs 1 by 1. Which takes a lot of time.

• Keith
          link
          fedilink
          English
          17 months ago

If you just want YTM for free there’s beatbump on web and Innertune or ViMusic on android

• @malchior@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      17 months ago

If only there was a place to buy DRM free music in the file type I want for use in whatever device I want also for movies.