I wanted to get a pulse check on how new members are finding the general experience/website. Is it more confusing than Reddit or are you finding the instance system a better way of doing things as it can give you more freedom of where you choose to create an account?

I’m a new user myself but have found the experience to remind me of Reddit back in the day, lol. It’s definitely giving me old-school yet modern vibes and it’s great to see something that isn’t Reddit growing in popularity!

• Neko
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I’m new but let me tell you what I know so far.

First, you need to find the identifier for the community you want to follow (for example, the community we are in right now is !asklemmy@lemmy.ml) from the sidebar. Copy it, go to your instance (feddit.it) and paste it in the search field. You should find the community as a result there and a button to subscribe. Another alternative is to go to the link https://YOUR-INSTANCE/c/COMMUNITY-ID-WITHOUT-THE-BANG (example: feddit.it/c/asklemmy@lemmy.ml). If it does not appear maybe this specific federation has perhaps been forbidden by the owner of feddit.it