As far as I see that instance is a far-right cess pool. Everything I’ve got from that instance were low-quality transphobic “news articles”.

• MadMaurice
    link
    211 months ago

I called it a hint, but it’s rather obvious, in-your-face information. When you open a post it shows you the Community in at least 3 different spots. It’s nobody else’s fault that that’s not enough for you.

• @can@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      111 months ago

There are many apps and interfaces by now. I only see the community name linked once in liftoff. It was still immediately obvious to me though.

• FaceDeer
      link
      fedilink
      111 months ago

You’re making the same not-necessarily-true assumption that OP is making.

In Kbin, which I am using to view this instead of Lemmy, it shows it in two places that are both well disconnected from the content of the post itself. There are a bunch of different 3rd party apps being developed for both Kbin and Lemmy right now with various UIs, I haven’t viewed this in any of them yet. I also haven’t viewed it in Mastodon, which I’m told can be used to view Lemmy and Kbin threads. There are innumerable different possible UIs out there in the Fediverse.

And even then, it’s still possible in this case for OP to have been discussing petitioning everyone to defederate from exploding-heads. That’s a reasonable alternate interpretation and I can’t read OP’s mind, only what they wrote.

What I’m suggesting is that we should keep in mind that the only thing that people are guaranteed to see about a post is the actual post, there’s no way of knowing what the surrounding context is going to be. The place you’re posting it is not the only place it will be seen.

• MadMaurice
        link
        311 months ago

Not OP’s fault either if the part of the Fediverse you’re in doesn’t even display the community.