Bubba Copeland shot himself in front of police on Friday, days after he begged 1819 News not to expose his private life.

• PotatoesFall
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

He also apparently did not have overt anti-LGBTQIA+ values, beyond being a member of the GOP.

Yes and (?) was never antisemitic, beyond being member of the nazi party. (???)

If you are part of a party that stands STAUNCHELY against queers, you don’t deserve solidarity for being queer.

• havokdj@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

You can blame that on the US’s bipartisan system rather than the multiparty system it is supposed to be.

What other option would he have, the democrats? What if there are things that they did he didn’t agree with either? 3rd party is out the window because it would take minimum 2 elections to get their candidate in office.

• enthusiasticamoeba@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Oh no, poor guy had literally no choice but to participate in a corrupt system by going into politics and becoming a mayor 😭

Get the fuck outta here.

• havokdj@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

Ah yes, you shouldn’t go into politics to make the changes you would like to see because the “system is corrupt”

Man, imagine being that retarded. The forefathers would have never revolted against the British if that logic actually made any sense whatsoever.

• havokdj@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 months ago

Whoops! It seems like you may of missed what I wrote, no worries though, I got you covered.

Ah yes, you shouldn’t go into politics to make the changes you would like to see because the “system is corrupt”

Man, imagine being that retarded. The forefathers would have never revolted against the British if that logic actually made any sense whatsoever.

Fighting evil with evil doesn’t make you a good guy. Don’t be evil, you can defeat fascists while still being a decent human being.

• afraid_of_zombies@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Plenty of options. Didn’t have to be a shaman, didn’t have to live in a sheit tier state, didn’t have to run for public office, didn’t have to support the GOP. He went up to the leopard and screamed “eat my face”.

• havokdj@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

I mean, he was 62 years old you know, not like he could just turn his life around on a dime given the position he was in.

The dude was not hurting anyone. He clearly wanted to help operate the city, you have zero chance of winning with the democratic party in the vast majority of deep south states. Being a part of a party does not mean you believe in every single view that someone in your party holds, why do you think half the GOP is trying to get rid of Trump?

And would you stop with this leopard eating shit? I have read it here like 40,000 times. Suicide isn’t a joke, this is borderline not even a story about politics FFS. Save it for actually funny shit.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

Boy that leopard is getting fat. Must be from all the faces it is eating. He fed the leopard for fucking decades.

You really think his church gives a shit? I bet during their weekly pretend time this morning they were celebrating.

• havokdj@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 months ago

Did I say anything about a church?

Are you an actual human being? I don’t give a shit about the church, I don’t give a shit about religion in general at all actually.

The fact you mentioned that raises my suspicion that you are a bot or something

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                7 months ago

I am mentioning the church. He was a leader for a denomination of Christianity infamous for the degree of its anti-LGBT stances. Decades feeding the hate machine. And I bet you anything that today they those people who said a thousand good morning to him are happy that he killed himself.

The final unavoidable conclusion of Christianity is to kill its own.

• havokdj@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  7 months ago

I am mentioning the church

I know you are, I’m simply asking you what the fuck that has to do with what I said.

• Flax@feddit.uk
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  7 months ago

What an uneducated comment. Baptists don’t inherently mean Anti-LGBTQ, it’s a common low-church denomination which mainly subscribes to the doctrine of grace by faith alone and is characterized by the belief in credo-baptism. It’s got nothing to do with LGBTQ politics.

• Klear@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Would you blame a secret jew for jojning yhe Nazi party if that was a way of keep away from a concentration camp?