Quick one I started in a car ride, and then quickly learned that I needed scissors to finish 🥲. So don’t forget your scissors for this one!

Uber Origami by Duy Nguyen

• vrighter
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

if you need to cut, then it’s kirigami, not origami. Origami only uses folds

• cosmoscoffee@feddit.deM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Yeah, I thought about how to handle this origami-kirigami situation… I guess I would allow kirigami for now since it is quite close to origami and we need the content for this community, but I can see the point of it not being “proper” origami.

Therefore I would propose the idea of marking kirigami posts as such. The option of flairs for posts like in Reddit would be nice, but I haven’t seen the function in Lemmy yet (hopefully in the future), but we can make a note in the title.

@biscoot, would it be okay for you to edit your post by putting [Kirigami] at the beginning of the title?

• cosmoscoffee@feddit.deM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Thank you very much! And don’t worry, I’ve learned about kirigami only a few months ago as well, and it can be very similar to origami apart from making cuts, so your contribution is absolutely welcome here :) And yup, I’ll make a note about that in the sidebar right now!