I read the linked post and it got me thinking of a lot of the posts I typically see around Linux. Most of them that are seeking support are very distro focussed; what is the best distro for this, what distro should I choose, etc.

The post I have linked shifts the focus to a clear use case putting the distro element in the background. I found this more useful, as I think, for the most part, the ‘right distro’ is subjective. What works for one person may not be right for another based on so many factors.

So, I wondered if anyone has any really interesting use cases around Linux. Especially those that can debunk the idea that you cannot do this, that and the other on Linux. Anyone using an audio production setup, has a video development suite or runs visual graphic design from Linux or, do you just have the gaming rig nailed down!

• Eufalconimorph
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

People use computers to accplish tasks. That requires running software on an OS, but nobody runs software or an OS just to sit & watch it exist. They run it to accomplish tasks.

Different distros mostly vary in how easy it is to accomplish various tasks. No one distro is the easiest for everything, so people make different choices depending on their needs.