• @kirk782
    link
    36 months ago

What is the bigoted part about them? Sorry, my country only has a handful of American chains(looks at shitty pizza from Dominoes) and I don’t think this one has launched here yet.

• @azimir@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      106 months ago

The owners are (or at least were) serious about their Christian beliefs and used the company’s wealth to help fund anti-LGBTQ+ groups. Whether that’s changed or not, I don’t know, but they shell mediocre chicken sandwiches so it’s no loss to just ignore them, except for the amount of pollution people seem to generate waiting in line around their buildings:

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/5/29/18644354/chick-fil-a-anti-gay-donations-homophobia-dan-cathy

• @charles@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        06 months ago

Did you read that article? The way people talk about you’d think they were donating to conversion camps. But the two organizations named were… The Fellowship of Christian Athletes and The Salvation Army. I mean far be it from me to say what constitutes “anti-lgbt organizations”, but it seems clear to me now why the specific organizations are never mentioned.

• @Zombiepirate@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          6 months ago

[Chick-Fil-A’s] WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas," the chain is said to have written in a letter to Alderman Proco Moreno. The Chicago group added in a press release: "In meetings the company executives clarified that they will no longer give to anti-gay organizations, such as Focus on the Family and the National Organization for Marriage.

Those aren’t the only two; per their own press release they’ve donated to these Christian Nationalist organizations.