• Joker
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Maybe after 2 kids? Or around when I got married? It definitely wasn’t before my wife came along. If you ask her, she might say she’s still waiting. I don’t know. I still feel like a kid even though I have a lot of responsibilities and my body says otherwise.

• Stern@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Fall off the roof when I’m ten and be back up in thirty seconds. Take a step on the staircase the wrong way at 30 and… fffffffuuuuuu

• Joker
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

It gets so much worse after 40. I got tennis elbow and I have no idea how. I don’t even play tennis. It took months to heal. I couldn’t even carry a bag of groceries without intense pain. I got plantar fasciitis while jogging. I had to wear special sandals around the house until it finally healed. I tore my rotator cuff tripping and falling in the ocean. It’s just ridiculous how little things can result in injuries. Working out is a totally different experience now. Instead of pushing a little harder it’s about holding back to avoid injury. I can’t see shit anymore. I have to wear bifocals and crank the font size up on all my devices.