• jmcs
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

He’s talking about the tankies that keep defending a fascist regime with a colonialist imperialistic mindset. My prediction is that either they are raging homophobes themselves like papa Stalin or they will ignore it.

• Plume (She/Her)@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

These people see the world through: “USA bad”. It’s the only thing they believe. So if the US criticize a place, like Russia, then it must be good because the US is bad.

Is the US fucking awful? Yes. Is this a completely moronic way of looking at the world? Also yes.

• Dislodge3233@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

There’s also the bizarre phenomena of “leftist” people who support Russia, Iran, etc.

I was on a date once (gay) and he would shit-talk the US, Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, etc. for being capitalistic. Then in the same breath, talk about how he wanted to go to Iran and Russia.

I honestly didn’t know what to say.

• Wahots@pawb.socialOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

The political spectrum a circle. Go far enough around, and it loops back to itself right around fascism and communism. Plus, all the crazy shit like anti-vaxxers and all that bullshit. Killing minorities is a favorite pasttime of both groups, throughout WW2 and the postwar, red/lavender scare era. And it’s starting back up again.

• Zworf@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Lol, wanting to go to a country that is happy to persecute you for who you are… That’s warped.

• Dislodge3233@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

Yeah it seems to be a series of fallacies like,

Conservatives hate gays, so conservatives are bad. Conservatives love capitalism, so capitalism is bad. The west is mostly capitalistic, so I hate the west. The west sanction Iran and Russia, so they must be good.

I think it’s better to draw the line at hating controlling abusive people, rather than geopolitical boundaries.