• @Mereo@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    211 months ago

Meh. I’ve been using Manjaro for two years now. So far so good. System has been working perfectly.

• @Shareni@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      411 months ago

Congrats? But that doesn’t change the fact it’s shit.

Manjaro is without a doubt the worst arch derivative by far. Their whole marketing pitch is: “You heard that the arch repo has the most packages, and that they’re all fresh from the pipeline? Use manjaro, and replace it with a smaller one that delays updates by two weeks for absolutely no reason! You want to use arch because of AUR? Oh, the package failed to install because your system is weeks out of date? Tough shit, we’re not supporting AUR…”

It had a value in the time before archinstall, Endeavour, Arco, and Garuda. Each of them either only install arch with sane defaults, or provide some other benefits. Manjaro does neither, unless you count delaying security patches a benefit.

• @Fizz@lemmy.nz
        link
        fedilink
        111 months ago

I tried all the other arch distros and there was something critical broken off the bat with each one. Manjaro was working perfect out of the box and the only issue so far was my fault. All the complains about it seem very nitpicky.