White House threatens to veto anti-EV bill just passed by US House::The bill would prevent the EPA from enforcing tougher new pollution standards.

• @ColeSloth
    link
    English
    05 months ago

If you aren’t an engineer working with ev batteries or othe rechargeablebatteries, your opinion has no weight. Too many cells will not hold/take a charge. Old batt in a high mileage vehicle.

• @RubberElectrons@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      25 months ago

Lol “no true Scotsman” indeed. It certainly weights more than yours as I do in fact help with energy systems, including ev batteries.

ColonSloth, what’s the term for stolen valor, specifically when someone pretends to be an engineer? Now you know why the FE & PE exams exist.

• @ColeSloth
        link
        English
        -15 months ago

At no point did I ever even hint to being an engineer, my man.

Also, mr.engineer of ev’s; why don’t you go ahead and explain how I’m oh so wrong about the batteries in today’s (or 10 year old) ev’s. I’d just love to hear you explain how the batteries don’t go bad after so many charge cycles.

• @KairuByte@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          25 months ago

At no point did I ever even hint to being an engineer, my man.

I believe an idiot once said

If you aren’t an engineer working with ev batteries or othe rechargeablebatteries, your opinion has no weight.

So why are you talking? While I normally disagree with such gatekeeping, since it’s what you believe take your own advice, your opinion has no weight.

• @ColeSloth
            link
            English
            05 months ago

Understand some context there. Its not hard. . Being an engineer doesn’t give you magic knowledge of all things. If you’re a bridge engineer you don’t know a damned thing about batteries. So simply being “an engineer” doesn’t give you an opinion worth while on batteries.

• @RubberElectrons@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              25 months ago

Poor and feeble self-correction.

You started this shitball rolling, and are unhappy with being called out. Wah.

Scroll up for a response to your other statements, dummy.

link
              fedilink
              English
              25 months ago

The context is, in one breath you said “unless you are an engineer stfu” (paraphrased) and in the next you said “I’m not an engineer” (again paraphrased.)

There’s really no other way to read that.

• @ColeSloth
                link
                English
                -15 months ago

Good thing you aren’t an English major…

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  25 months ago

Please, feel free to explain how others opinions only matter if they are an EV engineer, but yours matters when you “done some work” on them.

• prole
      link
      fedilink
      English
      15 months ago

Someone with that experience replied to your comment and you ignored it.