• @Sowhatever
    link
    English
    15 months ago

What about my TV, where I watch most of my content? What about inter-device sync? What about paying the creators for their work?

I could also shoplift in my local supermarket, but I’m into “that sort of thing” (paying for people’s work).

• DarkThoughts
      link
      fedilink
      15 months ago

How would I know? I don’t have a TV for well over a decade now and it isn’t my responsibility to teach you how to use your hardware and software.

And please, you’re robbing YT, not the content creators, which I don’t care about nowadays either since YouTube became WhoreTube. It’s all about cash and milking people with low effort clickbait garbage content. If you feel you have to pay for that then that’s on you but I’ve been distancing myself more and more from the platform for how shit it and its content became.

• @Sowhatever
        link
        English
        15 months ago

Ah yes, the #worksonmymachine thinking.

If you watch low effort content you will get low effort content. I watch amazing content that is well worth the few bucks a month. Late night shows, stand up comedy, documentaries, news analysis, tech reviews, car reviews, programming news and tutorials, chess commentary and courses, architecture and interior design tours, sport summaries, popular science…

BTW, Walmart is a huge company, I assume you also don’t pay there? Apparently robbing corporations and farmers it also would be fine, because “the products are so low quality nowadays” …

• DarkThoughts
          link
          fedilink
          15 months ago

Ah yes, the #imtooentitledtodomyownresearchandwork thinking.

Followed by a bunch of mumbo jumbo that clearly shows that you also have no idea how their algorithms work. A little hint, they’re nowhere near as smart as you think they are, and neither are you.

Walmart left my country for not being able to compete here, so no, I don’t pay there. Not that this false equivalency makes any sense at all because no one is robbed for me not watching a bunch of garbage ads. Maybe stop shoving your head into big corporate assholes.

• @Sowhatever
            link
            English
            15 months ago

Lidl is also a big Corp.