The Biden campaign fiercely denounced Donald Trump following his caustic remarks aimed at immigrants Saturday, saying the former president “parroted Hitler.”

“Tonight Donald Trump channeled his role models as he parroted Adolf Hitler, praised Kim Jong Un, and quoted Vladimir Putin while running for president on a promise to rule as a dictator and threaten American democracy,” Biden-Harris 2024 spokesperson Ammar Moussa said in a statement.

Trump on Saturday ratcheted up his already inflammatory rhetoric on immigrants at a rally in New Hampshire. “They’re poisoning the blood of our country,” the former president said. “They’ve poisoned mental institutions and prisons all over the world. Not just in South America, not just the three or four countries that we think about, but all over the world they’re coming into our country from Africa, from Asia.”

• @fiah
    link
    135 months ago

no he won’t, not if American voters keep apathetically stumbling towards fascism like they have been the last few years. The only way this is going to work is if everybody Taylor Swift’s the fuck out of this election, no more pussy footing around

• @GiddyGap@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      25 months ago

Trump has actually never won the popular vote. Unfortunately, majorities don’t really matter in the American election system.

• @kent_eh@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        45 months ago

It is possible to out-vote the inherent inequities of the electoral college system and the decades of gerrymandering, but it will take a concerted effort to get out the vote from the demographicswho have been targeted by those voter supression efforts, especially in places like Florida and Texas.

• @deft@ttrpg.network
      link
      fedilink
      -215 months ago

Uhh what?? Trump got elected once. That is it. Since then Dems have basically come out on top every election since likely because of Trump. Polling has always proven to be dog shit.

Trump is a boogeyman Dems use to encourage people to vote their way. We aren’t heading to fascism because of him

• @bassomitron@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        5 months ago

He almost won in 2020. The GOP has been hard at work across the country with gerrymandering and other election fuckery for the last few years. And while polling may not be gospel, it’s a rough indicator. I wouldn’t act so confident that he’s going to lose. I’m optimistic he will, but I wouldn’t say it’s an absolute certainty.

And if you don’t believe a large percentage of Americans are clamoring for authoritarianism, then you obviously haven’t been paying attention.

• @bitrate@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          -15 months ago

How do you figure he almost won? He lost damn near every key swing state. That election was not close.

• @grue@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            15 months ago

I wasn’t talking about that; I was talking about this blatant fucking lie:

We aren’t heading to fascism because of him

• @deft@ttrpg.network
                  link
                  fedilink
                  edit-2
                  5 months ago

Bro Kissinger just died. Trump has barely had his hand on the ball in this one. He’s a fuckin towel boy at best who just sits at the right crossroads of american real estate nepo baby racist he’s a tool. You know it and so does everyone else this shit goes beyond, above and around him. It is a slew of fuckers but he’s not the guy