Account was from 2011 with almost 5000 comments.

I am still unsure how to proceed now. At least gonna edit my comments before deleting my profile.

Still think it would be fun if one of the powerdelete suits could just bloat up every comment to max length with nonsense using GPT

• Strive7307
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Some of the posts or comments could include personal information. Wouldn’t Reddit be putting itself at risk of a lawsuit by leaving comments intact while executing a GDPR deletion request?

• AshDene@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I don’t know…

Posts submitted by other users could also contain your personal identifying information, do they have to delete that somehow too? If not, what’s the difference? If so, how does any social media site comply with this law?

Maybe there’s some carve out where your own posts count and other people’s don’t, but it’s not obvious that that has to be the case…

Like I said, I have an imperfect understanding of the law.

• Strive7307
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah, that‘s true. I guess it would be a grey area that would have to be judged on a case by case basis.

In case of an Instagram profile it would be quite intuitive that the pictures (especially ones containing the users face and other personal information) would fall under personal information. So Facebook could not get away with just anonymising the posts. In the case of reddit that would be more difficult of course…