I can touch type with a physical keyboard, which helps somewhat with trying to type on smartphone virtual keyboards, but I still find myself way clumsier and error-prone on them when I try to touch tap-type on them.

For the most part I’ve worked around this via swipe/gesture-typing on virtual keyboards, but even that method is error-prone. So, I’d like to try to learn to tap-type similar to how I know how to touch type, but many resources I find are for physical keyboards instead, so…Any help here?

• Wistful
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

You can enable spell check underline even for keyboards that don’t have it, by changing which app it uses for spell checker specifically. In my case it’s under Android settings >> System >> Languages & input >> Spell checker (under the Tools category), It might be different on your phone, in that case I guess you can just search for “Spell checker” and then u can use Gboard for spell checking for example.

• 0x4E4F@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

That’s just it. It’s set to Gboard spell checker, but it doesn’t work in Jerboa.

• Wistful
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Yeah, I just tested it in Jerboa…I guess in some apps it just doesn’t work, probably depending on how the text box is implemented in the app or something, I’m not sure.
        I didn’t have trouble with it so far because it has been working for all the apps that I use.

federation on my lemmy instance is broken, so this message will probably arrive very late

• 0x4E4F@infosec.pub
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

That is what puzzled me as well. It litelarly works in every other app, except Jerboa. In have no idea why, and I have asked this same question a few times here on Lemmy, but no one seems to know the answer.