Hi everyone, someone can explain, in simple words, why considering to switch on NixOs over other distro? And the use case? I think would help a lot of people (including me) to understand it better :D

• 2xsaiko
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Can confirm. My mind has been altered by the mere touching of a keyboard that has NixOS living behind it. My soul has been replaced by the concept of a derivation. The cables in my computer and my vęins have swapped places. The f̸l̴e̷s̶h̵ is weak. I have long since lost control of the Flakes that now grow out of my skin. When you install NixOS, you and your computer are henceforth marked by the Great Old Ones. You will no longer be able to use a normal Linux distribution. The mere thought of using a normal Linux distribution will cause your skin to feel like it is being burned alive.

A̸̦̙̎̅̊ṇ̸̯̽̾d̵̨̠͈͐ ̵̧̗͊̇I̸̧̩̜͊̓͂ ̵̞̱͎͗͂w̵͔̓o̷͍͂̈́u̸̥̯͋l̵̠̞̳̅͠d̴̹͛̃͝n̷̛̯̮̭͌͝’̵̜͉͕̚͘͝t̷̡̜̄ ̸͈̥̄̄h̷̺͛͛̍à̴̢̐v̷̪͍̾e̴̢̯̦̒͌̿ ̶̮̽̀̏ḭ̴̝̠̋̾t̶̬̩̾͒ ̵̱̼̥͆͑a̷͚̒ǹ̸̤̊y̶̤̎̾̈́ ̴̱̎ò̶̦̦̂̚t̵͚͙̽̓͜h̵̖̤̍̈́ȇ̶̳͇̈ṟ̴̇ ̴͔̮̱̏̔w̴̺̖̋̌a̸̞̹̤͗y̸̖̣͠.̵̯̾͘