tw: rape, abuse, etc.

18+

hey all, my friend lives in india and is in serious danger. a family member rapes them and has explicit imagery of them which they hold over their head if they ever speak out. no one in their family would believe them, the police dont care where tjeyre from, and the rapist is a wealthy violent criminal. i know it’s distressing but what advice / help can you think of? im keeping them anonymous for obvious reasons. her life is ruined by this, it’s been going on for years. she has given me permission to post this

• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

I read about things like that happening in India and that law enforcement often won’t help.

I think the only option is to contact a NGO or non-profit organizantion that specializes in that. They’ll know what to do. Or a women’s refuge / shelter. India is kind of a big country so you’d need to look up something that’s available in the specific part of the country.

As I understand escaping this is difficult and needs to be planned and executed correctly.

Maybe call an organization like https://www.karuna.org/ they are a british charity. But they are nice and cooperate with project partners in India. Including some that specialize in sexual crime against women. Maybe they can give you some contact for emergency counseling.

(Edit: There is also:

But I haven’t checked those. 1091 seems to be the dedicated official helpline for women that got launched after a bad assault that got international media coverage in 2012. But that might not help since you already said police doesn’t help.)