• tias
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Back when Reddit was good the ads used to be like regular posts with a comment section, so you could actually talk about the product and exchange experiences, and the advertiser would sometimes respond. I found it to be a transparent and valuable way of advertising, and I actually liked the ads back then because there was a social and learning aspect to them. But of course they got rid of that, supposedly because what if somebody says something bad. They don’t understand that the lack of honesty and dialogue is what makes people loathe ads.

• nucleative@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

From my most recent memory, advertisers can still enable the option to allow comments. It was an interesting idea, and I too appreciate it when advertisers went in there to communicate about valid questions and concerns with their product.

My suspicion is that the big advertisers are using marketing agencies who don’t have the time or budget to go and moderate inauthentic conversations in those comment threads however.

• vraton.dev@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Sad but its true, also mqrketing ppl seens dont undestards diff between have buyers from ads to have buyers with engage other ppl to buy the product