Elevating Performance and Flexibility

We are excited to announce the release of Stalwart Mail Server v0.5.0. As we approach the end of the year, this significant update marks a major advancement in our journey to provide a robust, efficient, and versatile mail server solution. This latest version incorporates a range of performance enhancements, storage layer improvements, and new features, designed to elevate your email server experience.

• Lichtblitz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

In my experience, this is nothing more than an urban legend at this point. There are great standards, like DMARC, DKIM, SPF, proper reverse DNS and more, that are much more reliable and are actually used by major mail servers. Pick a free service that scans the publicly visible parts of your email server and one that accepts an email that you send to them and generates a report. Make sure all checks are green. After an initial day of two of getting it right, I’ve never had trouble with any provider accepting mail and the ongoing maintenance is very low.

Milage may vary with an unknown domain and large email volumes or suspicious contents, though.

• taladar@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

There are literally RBLs in use by many major mail providers that just contain all dynamic IPs. There are others that block entire subnets used by VPSs at certain hosters. In neither of those you can remove your IP yourself (unlike the ones that list individual IPs because of that IP’s reputation).

• Lichtblitz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

Weird, I’ve never had problems over the past 15 years or so and I’ve been using VPS servers exclusively. Maybe my providers were reputable enough.

I realize my evidence is only anecdotal, but that’s why I started “in my experience”. Also, common blacklists are checked by the services I mentioned.

• Chobbes@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

For what it’s worth I also haven’t had any problems. Maybe we’re just lucky, though.