I’ve mostly been using the official F-droid app, but I’ve become tired of having to click install every single time there’s a new update for an app.
On a new phone I tried starting right away with Neo Store, which I know has that functionality, and in fact I haven’t had to confirm installation of updates since on there, but on my old devices where I started with F-droid how can I get that to work?
I believe I read somewhere that for this to work, the apps I want to update automatically need to be installed the first time from within the same app and, even then, only some apps that target Android SDKs from a certain point forward support that, so not all can benefit from this feature.
So how can I make this change, do I have to uninstall every application from F-droid I have and reinstall them from Neo Store or is there an easier way?

Edit: One other thing, even in Neo Store it seems I can’t update without confirmation if I manually update only one app at a time and instead it works if I let it update everything by having “Auto-update” enabled

• MoLoPoLY
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Yes that’s the right way. It works mostly without issues here since some months. Personally I have changed from Droid-ify to F-Droid basic since auto update stopped at some point with Droid-ify where it worked before. I have no idea why. Neo-store has issues in the stable branch with notifications.