• BlazeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Impressive, which languages are you learning?

• BlazeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I’m learning Spanish too! We should create a community to practice ha ha

• LemmyHead@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

Good idea. That’s what I’m missing about Duolingo tbh. Let’s start it. Maybe we should make a discord or alternative?

• BlazeOP
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

I was more thinking about a Lemmy community, I asked about a Spanish instance a few days ago on !fediverse@lemmy.world, seems like there isn’t any at the moment.

I have been thinking about it for a while, I’ll keep you posted about the potential options

• LemmyHead@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

What’s wrong with this community if you want to keep it on Lemmy? I think it would fragment the community unnecessarily

• LemmyHead@lemmy.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  5 months ago

I understand now, but I think this method wouldn’t be an efficient one, except for sharing articles about learning that language but I think this c already is good enough for it. What I’m missing is a chat for group of people studying the same language, and where we can also converse orally. That’s what DL is missing, and alternative I tried was full of unmotivated people.

• BlazeOP
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    5 months ago

Well, it we were to speak the language, I guess that would work.

That’s more or less how I learned English, by commenting on forums in English. The oral part indeed would need something else, isn’t there any Discord existing already to practice?