• SomeLemmyUser
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Haha lul clueless americans thinks loving your imperialistic homeland is normal.

Germany is a fckin shithole, but at least I don’t pretend it is not.

• Archlinuxforever@lemmy.3cm.us
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Loving a country is different than loving the government itself. Also, most countries have been “imperialistic” at some point in their history. Europe is a perfect example of some of the most vile imperialism that has occurred.

• SomeLemmyUser
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Europe has been the worst, us is currently the worst. That’s exactly my point.

With Imperialism and colonialism on this scale, everything is interwoven with the ideology.

What to love about the country? The cultural tradition with its slavery and natives abuse?

The present state with mass homelessness, that CIA who breaks every human right I’m the book? The propaganda, war and regime changes?

You can’t decouple something in the country from the rest.

Maybe you like Meaningless feel good pop songs, but they exist and are popular because of the above. Maybe you like some food, but you can’t divide that from the fact that Americans die from obesity while in the rest of the world people starve.

Imperialism has swallowed everything and integrated it into the system, that’s how it works.

Loving a national state can’t be pure, because national Staates cant be pure