Screenshot from Antimine on Android. It’s supposed to not require any guesses, but I’m totally stuck. I’m probably missing something simple, so more eyes on it should help… Anyone?

• NeatNitOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago
    • Are red Xs safe?
    • How did you come to this?

Also, I just posted the final result (had to make one guess), some of your marks are wrong

• Dr. Coomer@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

X’s are mines. Just for an example, at the top I missed a mine. There’s a 1,3,3. The second 3 has a mine above and below it. If the 1 says there is a mine near it and the second 3 says there’s one other mine and the only space they overlap is under the first 3, then the mine is under the first 3.

• NeatNitOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Also if Xs are mines then you get plenty of numbers with too many mines around them. For example the 1 in the vertical 2123 about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom

• NeatNitOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

Whatever logic you’re using, it’s dead wrong. I’ve overlayed the true solution with your marks, and it’s very hit or miss:

You might as well be guessing.

• NeatNitOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

But it doesn’t have to be one mine for both of them, they could have separate mines

• Dr. Coomer@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

No, because the first 3 confirms it. It counts the same two mines around the second 3 and can’t reach the other side of the second 3, so the third mine is under the first 3.