Pretty happy with how my homelab is coming along!

• macstainless
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Thanks. I’ve done this (even getting my API key) but the issue I’m running into is the fact that the Docker container doesn’t see the Pi-Hole machine. I believe it’s a networking issue, but I don’t know how to figure out how to get it to see it. Is there a networking flag I need to include in Homepage’s Docker Compose? That seems to be my issue.

• Gubb@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Im not sure, I am also running Homepage in a docker container, I am able to connect to my pi-hole just fine. From the information I have, it seems like a networking issue.

• macstainless
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I agree it’s a networking problem. The issue I have is I don’t know how to fix it.

I installed Portainer and figured out how to get the container onto my network. But then it was unreachable. So I’m more lost the more I try to figure this out.

Are you using any specific network commands in your docker compose? Are you running specific networking in the container? I’m trying to figure out how it’s working for you and what likely obvious thing I’m missing. Thanks.