I find that most people in my life have at least one “thing” they are collecting. It is often an insight into their personality and it is fun to hear people talk about something they are passionate about.

• RAM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I like to collect mugs - nothing better than drinking your morning coffee from a crazy mug :))

I collect mugs with my boyfriend (and the rest of my collective) and it is such a nice hobby. I can almost always guess who brought the mug into the house, based on people’s interest.

Yesterday I drank coffe from a Friday the 13th Mug and I know one of my collectivists loves that series :))

the only issue, as with all collections, it takes up so much room in the kitchen 🥲

• shapesandstuff@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I’m mostly interested in what sort of collective you mean, if it’s not too personal a question

On topic, I don’t even collect mugs but they just… accumulate. Luckily or sadly we have a pretty small cupboard so that keeps it in check

• RAM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

the “collective” is just me, my boyfriend and two of our friends :))

we’ve lived together for about 7 years and plan on keeping it going. I don’t know if collective is the right word to describe our living situation but I can’t think of a better word either :)

• shapesandstuff@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

yeah nice, gotcha :)
          used to share a flat with people who i’m still close with a decade later, so i get the concept.
          collective is a great word for it