They really didn’t have to redesign a text box. Please stop reinventing the wheel. I don’t need another pop up in my life.

• skuzz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Linux on mobile is no good, and the devices it does run on do not support the proper bands and modes for usable coverage, if the carriers even allow the devices on their networks. (A more US problem all around.)

• Fuzzypyro@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Pinephone pro had awesome cell coverage. Better than my pixel 4 xl even. Now battery life is a totally different story. I’d last I tried was pretty awful too as phosh wasn’t amazing and plasma mobile would kill itself often. It’s been at least a year since I last used any of it though since I left it 5 states away.

• skuzz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Bear in mind, the signal “bars” are a relative measurement, the only way to be sure is to look at radio debug and see signal strength across all bands the phone is connected to at the time.

According to the FCC SAR report: https://files.pine64.org/doc/cert/PinePhonePro SAR Evaluation Report-S21101902806001.pdf it only supports LTE bands 2,4,5,12,13,41 in the US, which overall isn’t terrible.

However, that leaves out 14,25(superset of 2),26,29,30,46,48,66(superset of 4),71.

14 and 71 are necessary on AT&T or T-Mobile respectively for low band coverage in some markets where they don’t own band 12 spectrum, the others are more capacity bands on the various carriers, but with the shift to 5G, they’re more important on a phone that doesn’t support 5G like Pinephone Pro.