Written by Kirsten Beyer & Davy Perez

Directed by Eduardo Sanchez

Logline

Returning to a planet that dredges up tragic memories, Captain Pike and his landing party find themselves forgetting everything, including their own identities as he confronts a ghost from his past.

• cyberic
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I rewatched the beginning and around 10:17 Spock mentioned that the collision was hundreds of years ago, so they should have felt the effects on the previous mission. Then in the shuttle they mention that the meteor was already there for thousands of years… So I’m just more confused why the memory effects weren’t there before.

• Value Subtracted@startrek.websiteOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

They said in the episode that the original mission had been so short (4 hours if I recall correctly), Pike’s crew had not felt the effects.

• CeruleanRuin@lemmy.one
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yup, they basically touched down, immediately encountered some nasty violent opposition, and cut their losses and left bleeding. It was bad enough to make Pike question his fitness as a leader.

• Jon-H558@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

They were in and out in four hours was mentioned deliberately I feel , and then the trekking for 6hours before laan started it all