Previously, Carlson said he had planned to sit-down with the Russia president while at Fox News but then called it off claiming the U.S. government was monitoring him.

“I tried to interview Vladimir Putin, and the U.S. government stopped me,” Carlson told the Swiss publication, Die Weltwoche back in September. “By the way, nobody defended me. I don’t think there was anybody in the news media who said, ‘Wait a second. I may not like this guy, but he has a right to interview anyone he wants, and we have a right to hear what Putin says.'”

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I sure as fuck wouldn’t ask any unplanned hard hitting questions if I was an American reporter interviewing Putin in Russia. That interview is gonna be scripted as hell.

• Billiam@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Fucker Carlson has never asked a hard question a day in his life. He’s there to get propaganda talking points directly from his boss since he can’t get them filtered through Fox anymore.

• WhatAmLemmy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

That’s also why nobody defended him. He’s a nazi PsyOps operative; not a journalist. Anything he asks is performative and only to serves his agenda. He doesn’t deserve defence. He deserves ridicule.

• Daft_ish@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          5 months ago

“I know the answer to this one personally but Mr. Putin why shouldn’t every American masterbait to topless photos of you?”

• ShepherdPie@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

Defended him from what exactly? He’s the only one claiming that the supposed interview was blocked.

It’s no different than me claiming that I was supposed to be the next president of Russia, but was blocked by the US government, and nobody defended me!

• Mirshe@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Nah, Putin’s too smart to script interviews. He knows that he can lie, straightfaced, and absolutely nothing will come of it. They’re already sanctioned to hell by basically every major country on Earth, he’s shipping thousands of Russian men to the Ukrainian front just to feed them into a meatgrinder that’s barely holding any ground at all, and still the Russian people do nothing because there’s nothing to do. Everyone who really, actually gave a shit about making a change is either jailed in some fortified cement block in Siberia, abroad and too scared of getting assassinated to come back, or has already been assassinated. So they rise up, so what? There’s a tide of oligarchs who will rush in to replace Putin at the head of the table, and most of them have their own military forces on speed dial.