A 15-year decline in Texas teen birth rates slid to a stop—and converted into a modest increase in 2022, the year after the state Legislature implemented what was the nation’s strongest ban on abortion, according to new report from the University of Houston’s Institute for Research on Women, Gender & Sexuality.

• fine_sandy_bottom
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Sorry, I’m pro-choice and left leaning but I think this is a little far fetched.

Sure ok there are folks who want unwanted children but they’re an infinitesimal minority. I don’t think highly of GOP voters but they’re not quite that diabolical.

• SharkEatingBreakfast@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I’m not talking about the voters. I’m talking about the politicians and people behind the scenes at the top who help to make these policies.

• fine_sandy_bottom
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

That doesn’t make any sense. Politicians want the babies even though voters don’t?

• Fedizen@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Pretty sure republicans got in trouble in poland recently for trying to adopt large groups of white kids.

Republicans represent rich rural fiefdoms and immigrant labor is a major part of that that can’t be overlooked.

Why do you think they’ve rolled back child labor laws recently? This is their last ditch political response to immigrant labor.

unfortunately the ensuing chaos that happens about 10-20 years down the line after these boom events is what eventually sobers them up as the bodies pile up and the children are killed by industries, the state, crime or chaos.