• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

I applaud your optimism that there are enough people employed in the school IT to do that properly.

Don’t get me wrong, you are absolutely right with those statements, but the schools used Chromebooks for a reason I would think, the same reason that if they had not used Chromebooks it would be some Windows installation.

It is what people know, it is “easy” to work with and so on. Those are obviously not great reasons and not 100% true, but that is what counts for those schools.

I am very curious what they are going to replace this with and I am unfortunately 100% sure it is going to be Windows and the Onedrive/Outlook ecosystem.

• RBG
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Thats great and commendable. But the fact is the schools do not have that running, else they would not need the Chromebooks in the first place, would they? They still have to get this started which means employing and paying someone to do this, having budget for paying the servers and whatnot. Seeing how efficient governmental work is, it won’t be as easy as borrowing some server capacity from a different government agency plus one of their IT guys for a short while.

• Successful_Try543@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Concerning the cloud workspace, it would be possible, that the IT services of the Danish regions (or of the whole state) run centralised clouds (Nextcloud, Moodle, …).