• CyberEgg
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I see the error. Don’t choose HP printers. HP is an acronym for Hates Printers.

• CyberEgg
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

They hate printers even more and their printers are a special pain in the ass.

I work in IT, printers are already the most hated devices in this field. But HP is by far the worst.

• huginrin@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

When i worked IT my first task was to fix a printer, convinced my boss i had no education or experience with printers. Did not have to deal with printers while i worked there.

• Sekki@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

I dont think this is limited to printers though… I bought a nice hp convertible laptop for uni. Now the pen tips that came with it are used up and the only way to get new ones is to buy 110 tips for about 100€ (which are very hard to get too) or to buy a new pen for 40€. I tried contacting hp support where I first had to fight through a “chat bot” (basically a fancy way to navigate through their faq) to finally be told that my warranty is voided for 2 months now and if I wanted to contact hp support I might have to pay fees on their hotline … Printers are worse for sure though but I will never in my life again buy any product made by HP.

Edit: to be clear 100 tips for over 100€ is insane and you can basically only get them from aliexpress and they are not even sold in the official hp shop.